Take a break from baking Chinese New Year cookies and bake a simple sweet cupcake for my little girl 7th birthday! With plenty of leftover egg whites after baking cookies, this white cake base recipe from Baking Taitai comes in handy! Instead of using vibrant rainbow colours, I chosen pastel shades for this marble rainbow cupcakes. It turned out so sweet and pretty, perfect for my sweet little gal!!! ^0^
closer look....ooh loving the swirl of smooth and silky buttercream sitting on the pretty marble cupcake ^0^
Marble Rainbow Cupcakes
Ingredients (10 cupcakes)
- 150gm unsalted butter
- 200gm fine sugar
- 90gm egg whites
- 1.5 tsp pure vanilla extracts
- 280gm cake flour
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 240ml milk
- wilton food colouring gel (pink, yellow, blue, green)
- basic American buttercream for frosting
- rainbow sprinkles for decoration
Like the simple and effortless of marbling the cuppies. Just scoop in teaspoon of tinted cake batter randomly into lined cup cases. No need swirling, just gently tap the cases to remove air bubbles before popping them into the oven.
- Sift flour and salt. Set aside.
- Using a electric whisk, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg whites gradually until well combined. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Add in 1/3 of the flour and beat briefly, alternate with 1/3 milk. Repeat with flour and milk mixture until a smooth batter is form. Do not overmix.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, approx 240gm each.
- Add 3 drops food colouring into each bowl and mix well.
- Scoop tsp of each coloured batter into lined baking cups (3/4 cup full)
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 25 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
After baking....nicely puffed up to the rim! Looks pretty even without frosting!
Basic American Buttercream
- 125gm unsalted butter, room temperature
- 250gm icing sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp raspberry extract (or use vanilla extract)
- 3 tbsp milk
- Using a electric whisk, beat butter till fluffy.
- Beat in icing sugar, in batches, together with salt, raspberry extract and milk. Beat on high speed for 5 mins till mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Use immediately or store in fridge for 2 weeks in an air-tight container. Re-whip before using.
* After frosting the cupcakes, store in fridge if not consume immediately. To serve just thaw in room temperature for about 15 mins.
Peng, I am in love with your rainbow cupcakes. So pretty!
Post a Comment