East meet west fusion noodle dish?! Instead of using the usual fried egg noodle, I replaced it with vermicelli pasta, preboiled and air fried till crispy. It turned out amazing successfully! I must say that its definitely healthier using air frying rather than deep frying of the noodle.
- 250gm San Remo vermicelli pasta
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 150gm chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 fish cake, thinly sliced
- 1 medium squid, sliced
- 8 medium prawn
- 100gm choy sum
- 800ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp chinese wine
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour + 5 tbsp water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Marinate chicken meat with 1/2 tsp sesame oil, 1/2 tsp light soy sauce and 1/2 tsp corn flour.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add in 1/2 tbsp salt. Add in vermicelli pasta and cook till al dente. Drain away water and toss the cooked pasta with 1 tbsp olive oil. Leave to cool.
- Divide pasta into 4 equal portions. Spread the pasta into flat round. Air fry at 180 deg cel for 10 mins until golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat for 1 tbsp oil in wok. Pan fry prawn till golden brown on both sides. Remove and set aside. With remaining oil in wok, add squid and fry for 1 min. Remove and set aside.
- Add another 1 tbsp oil into the wok. Add in chicken meat and fry for 1 min. Add in fish cake and toss well. Add in choy sum and cook till vegetable is tender. Remove all the ingredients and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil in wok. Saute garlic and ginger till fragrant. Add in all the sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Add in chicken meat, vegetable and seafood. Add starch solution gradually and cook till it thickens. Drizzle in beaten egg and cook briefly .
- Turn off heat. Place crispy vermicelli pasta onto serving plate, ladle in egg gravy mixture and serve immediately.
Post a Comment