This is the 2nd fusion dish I created using gnocchi as I worry my kids could not accept the spiciness of 麻辣香锅. Hahaha but in the end they actually wanted all the little potato (which they called it) regardless spicy or non spicy! 😝😅
- 250gm ready made Gnocchi
- 250gm minced pork
- 4 dried shittake mushroom, softened and sliced
- 150gm pickled mustard green 雪里红
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp hua tiao jiu
- cornstarch solution for thickening
- Marinate minced pork with 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, dash of pepper, 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp Chinese wine. Set aside for 30 mins.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non stick pan. Add ready made gnocchi in a single layer and fry until golden brown and crisp on both sides. Drain well on kitchen paper.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok. Saute garlic till fragrant. Add in sliced mushroom and fry till brown at the edge.
- Add in minced pork and break up the mince using a spatula. Fry for 2 mins. Add in pickled mustard green and mix well.
- Add in seasoning and 1/3 cup water. Toss in chilli and gnocchi and mix well. Cover wok with lid and allow to simmer for 2 mins.
- Remove lid and drizzle in cornstarch solution to thicken the mixture slightly. Dish up and serve hot.
Casa Rinaldi Gnocchi is available exclusively at NTUC finest under the pasta section. (Retail price at $9.50 per pack). Don't miss out Casa Rinaldi giveaway at http://bit.ly/2f9PfwJ