Tea anyone? Super love this apple cake which infused with lovely honey flavour! This is not a sponge cake or rich butter cake. Its more like a pudding cake with layers of thinly sliced apples enveloped in custard batter. A quick easy cake to assemble except for the slicing and layering of the apples. ^0^ Luckily I tossed the apple slices in some lemon juice if not by the time I layered the apples in the pan all oxidises hahaha...
- 4 red apples
- 1 lemon juice, optional
- 5 tbsp plain flour, sifted
- 3 tbsp fine sugar
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup honey
- Peel and core the apples. Slice thinly and toss in lemon juice. Arrange the apple slices in a lined 8" loose based pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, olive oil and 2 eggs in a mixing bowl. Whisk till smooth.
- Pour the batter over the apples. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 30 mins. Remove pan from oven and increase oven temperature to 220 deg cel.
- Whisk 2 eggs and honey together till well incorporated. Pour the mixture over the cake and continue to bake for another 20-25 mins until golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean. Serve warm or cold.