One of my kids favourite food is pan fried dumplings, Chinese version 锅贴....Japanese versionGoyza, they will just wallop everything up. ^0^ Today I'm trying out a new potstickers recipe....Korean version! Knowing that they will not resist this yummy dish, I make a big batch whereby I'm able to freeze some of it for later use.
yummy fillings...taste good on its own too!
Besides wrapping into half-moon shapes, I tried other version too :)
Ingredient (approx. 70 pcs)
- 500gm ground pork
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 120gm sweet potato noodles, soaked
- 1 large onion, diced
- 10 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 200gm kimchi, chopped
- 300gm firm tofu
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- Mandu skin
Dipping sauce (mix well)
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- Combine ground pork with ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and pepper. Mix thoroughly and set aside for 30mins.
- Meanwhile bring a pot of water to boil. Add in sweet potato noodle and cook till soften. Drain away water and chopped finely.
- Combine the chopped noodles, onion, spring onion and tofu into a large mixing bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan. Add in marinated pork and fry till cook. Cool down slightly and add into the noodle mixture. Stir well to combine all. Add in salt to taste.
- Shape mandu : scoop some filling mixture into the center of a mandu skin.
- Dab a little water at the edge of the skin. Fold skin in half over filling and press the edges together. Repeat till all fillings and mandu skin are used up.
- To cook : Heat some oil in a non-stick pan. Add wrapped mandu into hot oil. Pan fry till base is lightly brown.
- Add 3 tbsp of water into pan and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for a few minutes over low heat. Transfer the cooked mandu onto a serving plate.
- To freeze : any balanced uncooked mandu can be frozen by placing them in a single layer on a tray. Freeze till hard. After they are frozen hard, pack them into ziplog bag and freeze till used. Do not defrost when ready to cook.