These are the bottles of rum soak fruit (raisins, currants, mixed peel, cranberries) which I have prepared two years ago! Below picture was taken two years back whereby the dried fruits were freshly soaked in rum. You won't get such vibrant colour after soaking it for two years ok! ^0^ Therefore I've added some freshly chopped dried apricots, glaced cherries into the cookie dough so that they will look prettier!
Oh we really love this fruity cookies! The cookies are not only eye candy but also extremely tasty. This will be great alternative for gifting besides the usual rich fruit cake! I believe family and friends will be delighted to receive this festive looking cookies.
Ingredients (approx. 20 cookies)
- 180gm plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 125gm unsalted butter
- 70gm fine sugar
- 50gm brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150gm dried fruits (mixture of rum soaked mixed fruit, dried apricots, glaced red and green cherries)
- Sift plain flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon powder. Set aside.
- Using a electric whisk, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla and beat till well combined.
- Add in flour mixture, in 3 batches, beat until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Fold in dried fruits. Using a ice-cream or a spoon, drop dollop of batter onto lined baking sheet, leaving 2" space in between as the cookie will spread. Sprinkle some diced apricots, chopped red & green cherries on the top of the cookie dough.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 12-15 mins until lightly brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 mins before transferring onto a wire rack to cool down completely before storing.