Friday, March 13, 2015

Banana & Carrot Steamed Cake

I've baked lots of varieties of banana cakes and muffins before, for a change I attempted a steamed version one :) Very moist and tender cake crumbs. My son whom usually don't like banana cake chomp down half the loaf within one day! The other old boy even requested me to make this cake again after the last slice was polished up :D


It would be a great idea to add nuts into this banana & carrot steamed cake, but I know my kids will just dig them out therefore I omitted it :D


Ingredient
  • 300gm ripen bananas, mashed
  • 100gm grated carrots
  • 100gm light brown sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla paste
  • 200gm plain flour
  • 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 100ml corn oil

Method
  1. Using a electric whisk, beat eggs, sugar, salt & vanilla till thick and creamy until ribbon stage, about 5-8 mins.
  2. Add in mashed bananas and beat till just combined.
  3. Sift over plain flour, baking powder and baking soda in small batches, folding in alternately with the grated carrots.
  4. Add in corn oil and fold till well incorporated.
  5. Pour batter into a lined pan and steam over preheated steamer for 30 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

Recipe ref : 'Time for Kuih-Muih' by Y2K Cookbooks


This post is linked to the Little Thumbs Up (March 2015 - BANANA) event organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Faeez of BitterSweetSpicy

2 comments:

Zoe said...

Hi Peng,

I believe that this healthy cake must be very delicious because your son has requested you to make it again.

Zoe

kitchen flavours said...

Carrots and bananas! Such healthy ingredients and good for growing up boys!

Related Posts with Thumbnails