What to do with lots of leftover egg whites after baking rounds and rounds of CNY cookies? Try baking this almond tuile which helps you to clear some of the egg whites. This almond tuile is so fragrant and crispy, very addicting which you will not able to stop munching!
No electric whisk require, only need a manual hand whisk and one mixing bowl to blend the cookie batter.
Spread the mixture thinly onto baking sheet to achieve a crispy and crunchy texture.
- 90gm egg whites
- 50gm whole egg
- 125gm fine sugar
- 50gm cake flour
- 300gm almond flakes
- 2 tbsp toasted black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Combine egg whites, whole egg and sugar and whisk till sugar is well dissolved.
- Sift in flour and mix well.
- Fold in almond flakes and sesame seeds. Cover and rest for 1 hour.
- Scoop about 1/2 tbsp of the mixture and spread thinly into a round disc on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 30 mins until golden brown.
- Cool completely before storing.