Friday, January 30, 2015

Shrimp Roe Wanton Noodle 虾籽云吞捞麺

I've bookmarked this Shrimp Roe Wanton Noodle recipe since the AFF Macau in Jan/Feb 2014!! hehehe exactly one year ago and how times flies, now finally I've attempted  this wonderful noodle dish :D I was searching high and low for the shrimp roe noodle which is not commonly available in most supermarket. This noodle itself tasted really special, unlike the usual dried/fresh egg noodle. They are embedded with dried shrimp roe which makes the difference in taste and very chewy too! Chewy, flavourful noodle served with succulent shrimp wanton....perfect match!




Shrimp Wanton before cooking

Shrimp Roe Dried Noodle which I bought from the NTUC Xtra

Oops....no dried shrimp roe on hand therefore I sprinkle over with some dried chilli flakes hahaha

Recipe source : Annielicious.blogspot.sg
Ingredient 

Noodle (1 serving)
  • 1 bun dried shrimp roe noodles
  • 1/2 tsp shrimp paste
  • 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
  • 1.5 tsp light soy sauce
  • 1 tsp shallot oil
  • 2 tsp shrimp roe as topping
  • spring onions for garnishing

Shrimp Wanton (15pcs)
  • 100gm minced pork
  • 15 fresh prawns, deveined & shells removed, cut into half
  • Shanghainese wanton skin
  • 1 tbsp light soy sauce
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp corn flour
  • pinch of salt and dash of pepper

Method
  1. Put all wanton ingredients together. Using a chopstick, stir them vigorously until all ingredients are well mixed and looked gluey.
  2. Wrap wanton accordingly. Bring a pot of water to boil. Add in wrapped wanton and cook till done. Remove from water.
  3. Using same pot of water, cook shrimp roe noodles until soften.
  4. Drain well. Add in all the seasonings. Top with shrimp roe, if using and garnish with spring onion.
  5. Serve noodles with wantons at the side.



This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and my little favourite DIY , hosted by Annie from My Bare Cupboard with January 2015 theme - Noodles and Pasta..

2 comments:

Ana Regalado said...

Peng , this is one of your tastiest noodles yet and I wish we were neighbors so that I can try it now :D And the plump and juicy she shrimp wonton looks so good !

mui mui said...

Peng oh Peng,
Sorry that, I was laughing when I read that you use chilli flakes as dried shrimp roe.. lol
Indeed this dried shrimp roe noodles does sound so delish especially pair with your wanton. I love your wanton, it is loaded with so much filling. (It looks like Siew Mai to me hehe)
mui

Related Posts with Thumbnails