Ending my last cheesecake post for this week with this tangy and light lemon cheesecake! This baked lemon cheesecake is not as heavy as New York Cheesecake nor light as Japanese Cheesecake. The light tangy flavour makes you wanted to reach one slice after another :D
Recipe ref : 'Baking Code' by Alex Goh
- 500gm cream cheese
- 125gm sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 50gm plain flour
- 200gm sour cream
- 4 egg whites
- 75gm sugar
- 30gm corn flour
- Line the base of a 8" loose bottom cake pan. Wrap the outside of of the pan with foil.
- Using a electric whisk, beat cream cheese and 125gm sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in egg yolks until well combined.
- Beat in lemon zest/juice and plain flour till smooth.
- Add in sour cream and beat till well incorporated.
- In another clean dry bowl, whisk egg white and sugar until soft peak stage. Fold in corn flour.
- Fold in whipped meringue into cheese mixture in 3 batches until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Water bathe bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 60mins or until well set.
- Remove pan from oven and set aside to cool. Cover and chilled in fridge overnight. To serve, unmould cheesecake from pan and slice.