This is a very appetising noodle dish which tasted sweet, tangy and slightly spicy. I pretty sure any fussy kids will be attracted to this noodle dish along with the tantalising grilled chicken skewers :D Moreover it is effortlessly in the preparation. While the chicken skewers are grilling, you can prepare the noodle and garnishing at the same time. No stir-frying of the noodle is required, just toss the blanched noodles with the prepared sauce (the same sauce which used to marinate the chicken). Therefore it is pretty fast to serve this on the table :D
Ingredient (8 skewers)
- 1 canned pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 350gm boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 2 red chilli, deseeded & chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 4 dried egg noodle nests
- 100gm bok choy, chopped
- Combine the pineapple juice, tomato ketchup, vinegar. Add some salt & black pepper to taste.
- Reserve half of the sauce, add the balance to the chicken together with 1 red chilli. Marinate for 30mins.
- Thread the chicken, pepper and pineapple onto 8 skewers.
- Heat some oil over the griddle pan. Grill over medium heat for about 8 mins until the chicken is char at the edges and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package instructions. Add in chopped bok choy at the last 1 min. Drain well.
- Toss some sauce over the noodle. Garnish with chilli and pineapples. Drizzle remaining sauce over the cooked skewers and serve together with the noodle.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and my little favourite DIY , hosted by Annie from My Bare Cupboard with January 2015 theme - Noodles and Pasta..