Finally finished up the last batch of cooked chickpeas I've cooked from scratch :D Usually I used canned one which is fast and easy. But cooking the dried beans is not that difficult at all, just simply requires more time. This is a lovely baked squash dish that laced with some pomegranate molasses. Baked sweet butternut squash with flavorful tomato sauce which makes this a wonderful vegetarian dish.
- 450gm butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- thumb-size ginger, grated
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 400gm canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 250gm cooked chickpeas (or canned chickpeas)
- Heat oven to 180 deg cel. Toss butternut squash with olive oil. Bake for 25 mins or until tender.
- Divide baked squash into 2 portions.
- Heat 1tbsp olive oil in a pan. Saute onion, garlic, ginger and paprika over medium low heat until onion is soft.
- Stir in molasses, chickpeas and tomatoes and mix well. Simmer for 1 min then turn off heat.
- Spread 1 portion of the squash over a oven proof casserole. Pour half the tomato sauce over the squash evenly. Arrange the remaining baked squash over and top with remaining tomatoes sauce.
- Cover with a lid, bake in oven @ 180 deg cel for 25 mins until heated through.
- Remove from oven, scattered with chopped parsley and pomegranate seeds before serving.
A wholesome meatless meal! Serving the baked squash with Rice Pilaf with Mushroom & Pine Nuts
I'm am linking this post to Cook-Your-Books #7 hosted by Kitchen Flavours
This is a lovely meal! I just knew that I would enjoy this, the rice pilaf looks really good, perfect with the baked squash!
Thanks for sharing with CYB!
Post a Comment