I seldom deep fried food, I find it so wasted to use up so much oil for deep frying food :P Moreover it is rather unhealthy to consume deep fried food often. So once in a while is fine to indulge and this dish sure will please everyone! Who can resist deep fried chicken right?! :D
- 5 boneless chicken thigh, cut into chunks
- 20gm grated ginger
- 1 stalk spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sake
- 1/2 tbsp chicken stock powder
- 4 tbsp potato starch
- Combine all seasoning, except potato starch, in a small bowl.
- Add in chicken chunks and marinate for at least 30mins or overnight in fridge.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discard the liquid. Coat chicken pieces with potato starch evenly.
- Heat appropriate amount of oil in a deep saucepan. Deep fry the chicken in hot oil for 5 mins until golden brown and crisp.
- Put fried chicken on paper towel to drain away excess oil.
I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest #1 Oct 2013 : Japan, hosted by Alan from travelling-foodie