This is one of my favourite childhood's food! I never learn to cook this dish until I accidentally found this recipe on a website. It taste exactly what my mother used to cook, smooth tofu embedded in a bed of sweet and savoury gravy, simply comfort food! ^.^
Recipe source : eat.omy.sg
- 2 blocks firm tofu, cut into quarters
- 30gm ginger, thinly sliced
- 3 stalk spring onion
- 2 stalk chinese parsley
- 30gm fermented bean, 豆酱
- 50gm sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch water
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan. Pat dry sliced tofu and place into heated oil. Pan fry till golden brown on both sides. Dish up. Reserve about 1 tbsp oil in pan.
- Add in sliced ginger and saute for 2 mins until lightly brown & fragrant. Add in spring onion and stir briefly.
- Add in fermented beans and stir fry lightly. Add in water and seasoning. Bring to boil.
- Add in fried tofu. Cover and simmer for 3-5 min until gravy reduce slightly.
- Toss in chopped chinese parsley and cornstarch water, cook till gravy thickens. Dish up and serve immediately.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Mich of Piece of Cakeat this post.
Fermented beancurd with tofu is really delicious combination!
Simple and nice dish.
HI,,MAY I KNOW ARE U USING HAPPY CALLED PAN?,,,
VERY NICELY FRIED,,,
Marin....yes! I panfried the tofu till golden brown then dish up, remaining oil to sauté the ginger, parsley etc :)
I love tofu with gravy, this looks delicious!
Post a Comment