When hubby saw me making this egg tofu from scratch and wondering why so troublesome since tofu is rather inexpensive to get in the market >.< Well he will never understand hahaha...I really enjoyed the process of making this homemade egg tofu!! Especially when the final results is awfully good and seeing the kids happily gobbled down them ^o^
- 375ml egg (I used 7 medium eggs)
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 500ml unsweetened homemade soy milk
- 1 tsp corn starch + 1 tbsp water
- Break eggs and lightly beat with salt. Leave aside. Let the salt further break down the egg whites.
- Put corn starch and water into a big bowl. Stir.
- Bring thick soy milk to a boil and pour over cornstarch mixture. Stir. Let it cool down to warm.
- Prepare your steamer, bring water to a boil.
- Place a piece of cling wrap (microwaveable clingwrap) into an aluminum tray. For easier handling, wet the dish before putting in the cling wrap.
- When soy milk has become warm, combine with eggs. Lightly beat.
- Pour into prepared steaming dish over a strainer/sieve. Discard egg white bits that are left in strainer.
- Cover the steamer and steam over low heat for 30 minutes.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Mich of Piece of Cakeat this post.