I've not been baking tarts for ages!! Should really thanks to the current month theme of Aspiring Bakers :D if not I won't be baking tarts any sooner :D
Recipe adapted from Alan Ooi 'In The Mood For Pastries & Tarts'
Sweet Tart Pastry (enough for 36 tarts)
- 250gm butter
- 100gm icing sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 vanilla essence
- 450gm plain flour
- Using a electric whisk, cream butter & icing sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla essence, beat till combined.
- Sieve over flour in batches and beat till just mixed.
- Gather dough together and store in air-tight container and chill lightly before used. (the dough should not be sticky and is easy to handle)
- sweet tart pastry (as above)
- 250gm cream cheese
- 50gm icing sugar
- 15gm butter
- 1 egg
- mulberry jam (or any other jam)
- Press pastry (approx 25gm) into tart mould. Bake at 160 deg cel for 15mins. Remove and set aside.
- Using a electri whisk, beat cream cheese, icing sugar & butter until creamy.
- Add in egg and beat till combined.
- Scoop mixture into piping bag. Pipe batter into pre-baked tarts. Spoon some mulberry jam over and swirl lightly with a toothpick to create patterns.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 10-12mins. Cool completely before unmoulding.