Ingredient (4 servings)
- 600gm Udon
- 150gm chicken breast, sliced
- 4 Japanese Fishcake, sliced
- 80gm Fresh Shitake Mushroom, sliced
- 80gm broccoli, cut into small florets
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 250ml hot water
- 2 tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- dash of pepper
- Marinate chicken breast lightly with 1 tsp light soya sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil & 1/2 tsp corn flour. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Blanch broccoli for 2 min, remove and plunge in ice cold water. Set aside.
- In the same of pot of boiling water, boil udon for 3 mins. Drain away water.
- Mix hot water, oyster sauce, light soya sauce, mirin, stock powder & pepper together. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan, add garlic and fry till fragrant. Add marinate chicken and stir fry for 1 min.
- Add fish cake & shitake mushroom. Mix evenly for another min. Toss in udon and seasoning mixture. Fry on medium heat till sauce reduce to your liking.
- Stir in broccoli and mix evenly. Add in sesame oil before removing from heat.
Total cost for this dish is about S$5.55with breakdown shown below:-
Cost of Ingredients:
~ Udon : S$2.50
~ Chicken Breast : S$1.40
~ Japanese Fish Cake : S$0.65
~ Shitake Mushroom : S$0.60
~ Broccoli : S$0.40
I am submitting this post to [June $20 Budget Meal - Noodle] host by Ellena of Cuisine Paradise at this Link HERE