Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mocha Cupcakes

Long time did not use picasa editing program, so takes quite some time to come out with this collage...finally is done but my back aching again!


Wanting to bake some chocolate chips cookies but realise butter not enough! So have to search for a butter free & chocolaty recipe to satisfy my cravings heeee. Unlike the previous cupcakes I've done, this texture is slightly 'chewy' and soft, though not hard as rock, is still springy to touch. Taste like steam kueh to me :P maybe because of the yoghurt added??

Ingredient
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp coffee granules (mix with 2 tsp hot water)
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 1/4 cup self-raising flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 cup plain yoghurt
Method
  1. Sift flour & cocoa powder together.
  2. Beat eggs & sugar for 5 mins till thick & creamy. Add in coffee paste & vanilla essence and beat till combined.
  3. Fold in flour mixture alternate with yoghurt. Do not overmix.
  4. Spoon mixture into cup cases and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
  5. Cool completely and dust with extra cocoa powder.

1 comment:

tracieMoo said...

Hi Peng! I'm the other way round. I have so much butter but I'm being so stingy with them because they're very fattening so I always look for recipes with less or no butter. This recipe is just what I needed! thankyou for sharing :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails