Wanting to bake a cake but do not own an oven? Fret not...try making this non-baked layer cake which make up with chocolatey custard and cookies!
total 6 ingredients in making this non-bake cake
Making of the chocolate custard
Layering in the cooked custard and marie biscuits into cake pan
I like this! Taste like Kit Kat to me hahaha....it is rich, sweet & chocolatey. No the cookie is not crunchy or dry as it has absorbed the moisture from the custard making the texture cakey.
Recipe ref : WendyinKK
- 250gm mini Marie biscuits
- 200gm Milo powder
- 1 can 397gm sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 150gm butter, sliced into 0.5" thick
- Fully lined a 7"x7" cake pan with baking paper. Make sure the paper is much higher than the pan.
- Lightly beat eggs. Add in Milo and condensed milk and whisk until well combined.
- Pour egg mixture into a medium pan, add in butter. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Reduce to low heat.
- When the egg custard is cooked, it looks grainy and thick. Remove from heat.
- Spread a thin layer of custard into the base of the prepared pan. Arrange marie biscuits (16 pcs) onto custard.
- Spread another layer of custard over the biscuits. Continue with the layering of biscuits and custard. (total 4 layers of biscuits)
- When the layerings is all done, fold in the high collars of the baking paper. Press down and compact the cake with your hand. Chill in fridge overnight before slicing.