H A P P Y 50th B I R T H D A Y S I N G A P O R E !!!
Creamy & fluffy cream cheese frosting sandwich between two pieces of cake-like texture (soft & slightly chewy) cookie. I've been spotting the red spots icon all around Singapore and it inspires me to decorate this red velvet cookies which resembles the icon. Hahaha but this cookie is one big red dot as the cookie batter spread out quite a lot!
The cookie taste good on its own, but a little cream over makes it even more irresistible! P.S : I've used a star tip to pipe a a swirl of frosting over the cookies ^.*
Recipe ref : Paula Deen
Ingredient (approx. 14 sandwich cookies)
- 160gm plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50gm unsalted butter
- 100gm fine sugar
- 100gm light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp buttermilk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 tbsp red food colour (paste)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 227gm cream cheese
- 110gm unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 200gm icing sugar
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar until light, for about 3 mins.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beat till well combined.
- Add in buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla and food colouring and beat well.
- Add in dry ingredients and fold in thoroughly. Chill the cookie batter in fridge for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180 deg cel. Drop batter, 1 tbsp flat scoop (you can use 1/2 tbsp to yield a smaller cookie), onto a lined baking sheet. (cookie will spread a lot, so allow ample space between each cookie).
- Bake for 12 mins. Cool for 5 mins before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- To make frosting : Using a electric whisk, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla together until smooth. Using low speed, beat in icing sugar. Increase speed to high and beat the mixture until light and fluffy. Spread the cream cheese frosting between 2 cooled cookies. Store in air-tight container, in single layer, and chill in fridge till serve.
How did you spend this long Golden Jubilee Weekends? Did you hop over to the Marina Bay area to view the spectacular fireworks?! This is your last chance to view it tonight if you are happened to be in Singapore :D
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up ~ August 2015 Event Theme : Brown Sugar and Molassses organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Jess of Bakericious