Saturday, August 29, 2015

Cornmeal Crusted Fish

I've notice that I seldom blog on fish recipes. My girl is not picky on any fish dishes, whereas my boy is rather particular as he usually prefers deep fried ones. I hate frying fish hahaha.....but once in a while I will make some fried fish for them. I still prefer baking or steaming method as it is more healthy and most importantly no oiliness in the kitchen! :D



I bought this tray divider from Daiso! Really usefully for crumbs coating of meat/fish!



Prepared a simple stir-frying broccoli & cauliflower with shimeiji mushroom and steamed garlic butter rice to go along with the fried fish.



Ingredient

  • 4 tilapia fillets (approx. 200gm each)
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 60gm+125gm plain flour
  • 60gm yellow cornmeal
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 5 tbsp olive oil

Method
  1. Combine 125gm plain flour with cornmeal, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper evenly.
  2. Coat each tilapia fillet with a thin layer of flour, follow by dipping all sides with beaten, lastly coat evenly with cornmeal mixture.
  3. Heat oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat, fry fillets, two at a time, 5-6 mins on each side until golden brown. Fish should flakes easily when its cook. Drain well on kitchen paper.
  4. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails