A sudden downpour in the afternoon helps to cool down the weather slightly. Let's has a plate of hearty and spicy minced chicken curry rice for dinner! No preparation of rempah is required and minced chicken is used in this recipe, so it won't take too long to cook. Fast, simple and delicious dish which I like. :D
Recipe ref : Famous Cuisine Feb 2012
- 400gm minced chicken
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1 lemongrass, (white ends) finely chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaf
- 1 cinnamon
- 2 cardamons
- 1 star anise
- 2 tbsp chicken curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp chilli boh (I've reduced to suit my kids)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- thumb sized ginger, chopped
- 300ml water
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp grated coconut, toasted
- Combine minced chicken with marinade and set aside for at least 20 mins.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in wok. Saute garlic and garlic over low heat until fragrant.
- Add in curry leaves, lemongrass, onion, cinnamon, cardamons & star anise, stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add in marinated minced chicken, potatoes, curry powder and chilli boh. Stir fry for 5 mins until chicken meat turn white. Add water and bring to boil.
- Cover, simmer on medium heat for 25 mins. Add in seasoning and mix well. Cook for another 2-3 mins till thickens. Remove from heat and serve with hot rice.