Kids love macaroni, doesn't they? Maybe of its cute shape and 'easy' to eat? The common way of preparing macaroni dish would be the usual macaroni chicken soup. This is the first time I'm trying out this stir-frying method :D Oooh it tasted so good! Lots of ingredients added like prawn, squid, minced meat, fish cake and mixed vegetables. Along with the slight spicy and tangy sauce, it tasted very appetising that you will tempted to reach out for another serving...and of course it is also very easy to 'eat', just scoop it up with a spoon!
Recipe ref : Yum Yum Magazine 38th Issue
- 250gm macaroni
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped shallots
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 4 tbsp thai sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 100gm minced pork
- 150gm shelled prawns
- 1 medium squid, sliced
- 1 fish cake, sliced
- 200gm mixed vegetables
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- dash of sesame oil
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add in 1/2 tbsp salt. Add in macaroni and cook until tender. Drain away water.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan, saute garlic and shallots until fragrant. Stir in tomato sauce, chilli sauce and oyster sauce.
- Add in minced pork and stir fry till pork is no longer pink. Add in prawns and squid, stir fry for 1 min.
- Add in fish and mixed vegetables. Pour in water and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in macaroni and fry till well combined. Drizzle in sesame oil.
- Dish up and serve hot.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and my little favourite DIY , hosted by Annie from My Bare Cupboard with January 2015 theme - Noodles and Pasta..