Who like Char Kueh Teow? Today's fried Kueh Teow is not the dark sauce version, this is more spicy and a little salty. With the usual ingredients like prawn, squid, meat and some greens, a complete new tasty dish is presented with just a twist of different seasoning added. Not necessary to purchase extra new condiments to whip up this dish as they are really common in our pantry I guess! As usual I've reduced the chilli paste to suit my kids, you may wish to add more chilli paste if you desired a more spicier fried Kueh Teow!
Recipe source : Famous Cuisine Dec 2012 Issue
- 450gm Kueh Teow
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 12 medium shelled prawn
- 100gm sliced squid
- 100gm sliced chicken breast meat
- 200gm beansprouts
- 100gm chinese chives, sliced
- 1 red chilli for garnishing
- fried shallots for garnishing
- 1/2 tbsp chilli paste
- 1 tbsp salted bean paste
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Marinate chicken breast lightly with some sesame oil, salt, pepper and cornflour for 30mins.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok, sauté garlic over medium low heat till fragrant.
- Add in prawn, squid & chicken breast and toss until chicken meat changes color.
- Turn on high heat and add in seasoning and stir-fry briefly till well combined and aromatic.
- Add in kueh teow, bean sprouts and chives. Stirring constantly over high heat until well combined. Splash in a couple tbsp of water in between stirring.
- Dish up and serve.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and my little favourite DIY , hosted by Annie from My Bare Cupboard with January 2015 theme - Noodles and Pasta..