Another awesome braising recipe using Happy Call Pan (HCP)! Ree Drummond of The Pioneer Women uses oven to cook this dish for 1.5 hours. With HCP 40mins is enough for a falling off the bone results...perfect!
Browning and simmer the chicken thighs using Happy Call Pan
- 6 chicken thighs
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Marinara Sauce
- handful of fresh basil, chopped
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fusilli, cooked according to package instructions
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt & black pepper. Heat olive oil in Happy Call Pan (HCP) over medium heat. Brown chicken thighs quickly on both sides until golden brown, about 3 mins per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Leave about 1 tbsp oil in HCP. Add onions and garlic to pan and saute for 3 mins. Pour in marinara sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken thighs back into the sauce. Make sure the chicken are well coated with the sauce. Cover pan and simmer over low heat for 40mins until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Place pasta into individual serving plate. Serve chicken thigh with sauce over pasta, adding more sauce if needed. Sprinkle fresh basil and Parmesan over and serve immediately.