I usually cook soupy Mee Sua and never thought that it can be fried as noodle because of its rather delicate texture. It tasted really special after a round of pan frying till golden brown prior to stir-frying with the other ingredients!
Pan fried Mee Sua in hot oil before using
- 200gm Mee Sua , 面线
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 300gm cabbage, sliced
- 70gm carrots, shredded
- 70gm enoki mushroom
- 1 red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 200gm chicken fillet, sliced thinly*
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tsp chicken stock powder
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- dash of sesame oil
- Marinate chicken fillet with 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oi, 1 tsp wine & 1 cornstarch.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in wok. Add in one piece flour vermicelli and pan fried for a few seconds till golden brown for both sides. Remove and drain well. Repeat till all flour vermicelli are fried.
- Meanwhile bring a pot of water to boil. Turn off heat, add in fried vermicelli and steep for 5 mins, use a chopstick to lightly loosen the strands. Drain away water.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok, add in shallots and fried for a min until fragrant. Add in garlic and fry briefly.
- Add in marinated chicken fillet and fried till it turns opaque.
- Add in enoki mushroom and mix evenly.
- Add in cabbage and carrots and toss evenly for 3 mins until cabbage is softened.
- Add in fried vermicelli from step (3) and red capsicum. With a chopstick and spatula, toss the mixture evenly.
- Add in water and seasoning and mix well. Stir fry till mixture is fairly dried. Adjust taste if desired. Serve immediately.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and my little favourite DIY , hosted by Annie from My Bare Cupboard with January 2015 theme - Noodles and Pasta..