I made this Chocolate Marble Bread Loaf 'cos I just wanted to play with the marbling & twisting techniques hahaha....No confidence that I'm able to handle pure chocolate sheet, I've chosen a simpler method to start with by adding chocolate paste into one of the plain dough to get a chocolate dough. Curious to see how it turned out? check out below :D
roll, stack, roll, stack.....
proofing in pan before sending to oven
hmmmm not too bad looking marbling...
great fluffy texture!
- 300gm bread flour
- 8gm instant yeast
- 30gm sugar
- 4gm salt
- 24gm milk powder
- 185gm water
- 30gm unsalted butter, softened
- chocolate paste (mixed 6gm cocoa powder with 6gm hot water)
- Combine bread flour, yeast, sugar, salt, milk powder and water into a mixing bowl. Knead for 5 mins. Add in softened butter and knead till butter is well incorporated.
- Divide dough into 3/4 and 1/4 portion.
- Add chocolate paste into the 1/4 portion. Knead both doughs separately for another 10mins till soft and elastic. Cover and proof in warm area for 1 hour until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough to release gas and knead lightly. Rest for another 10 mins.
- On a lightly flour working surface, roll out chocolate dough into a 18cm x 12 cm rectangle shape. Roll out plain dough into a 20cm x 15cm rectangle.
- Place the rectangle chocolate dough on top of the plain dough. Roll out the dough into a 30cm x 20cm rectangle.
- Cut the rectangle into 2 portions and stack up. Roll out again into 30cm x 20cm rectangle. Repeat this process 2 times.
- Separate rolled out dough into 3 uncut stripes and pleat. Place the pleated dough into a non-stick loaf pan. Proof for 1 hour until it reaches the ream of the pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35 mins until golden brown.
- Unmould immediately on wire rack to cool completely.