I simply loved the sunshine looked of this pretty little
cupcakes muffins ^0^ I've used orange flesh sweet potato that's why the muffins exude a lovely yellow orangy hue. Not able to get hold of some purple sweet potatoes, I bet it will give a different feels if using the latter :D Adding sweet potatoes not only helps to sweeten up the muffins (you will notice that the sugar in this recipe is very very minimal!) but also attribute a mellow earthy flavour to it :)
Recipe ref : 'Cupcakes' by Carol Pastors
Ingredient (8 small muffins)
- 120gm orange sweet potato, plus extra for garnishing
- 170gm plain flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 30gm beaten egg
- 120gm melted butter
- 125ml milk
- 25gm sultanas
- 30gm sugar
- Peel the sweet potato and dice into small pieces. Steam for over preheated steamer till tender. Mash and set aside.
- Combine butter, milk and egg together.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add in sugar, mashed sweet potato and milk mixture. Whisk briefly just to combine all ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Fold in sultanas.
- Spoon the batter into paper cases until 3/4 full. Place a slice of steamed sweet potato on the top. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15-20 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool down slightly before serving.