I'm not that crazy over malt milk drink (Horlick) , just that I've quite an amount of the malt powder to clear as my boy suddenly stop liking his usual cuppa of Horlick. So I've been incorporating the malt powder into my recent bakes, like the triple malt chocolate cake and steamed horlick cupcake....and now in cookies! ^0^ Guess most of us no matter adults or kids adore chocolate chip cookies. I've no preference on the texture of the cookies, chewy or crunchy all I like as long they are loaded with chocolate chips hahaha....how about you?
Different duration of baking time will give varies level of browness (base of the cookies) and crispiness.
Thin & crispy!
- 125gm unsalted butter
- 80gm light brown sugar
- 40gm granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/4 cup (rounded) malted milk powder
- 125gm plain flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 170gm semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and both sugars until fluffy.
- Add egg and beat briefly, then add in vanilla until combined.
- Add in malted milk powder and beat well.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and salt and beat gently until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips evenly.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop tsp cookie dough onto lined baking sheet, leaving place in between the cookies as they spread out quite a bit.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg for 12-15 mins (longer baking time will give a crispier cookie) until golden brown. Cool slightly on baking sheet before transferring onto wire rack.