Friday, May 2, 2014

Chia Seeds Milk Pudding

Have you tried this super food before? I get to know this particular healthy food from my sis-in-law and thereafter I google more information on Chia Seeds and was wowed by the all the benefits it claimed! Since then I love to sprinkle them over salads, cereals, homemade smoothie and even into my cup of coffee ^0^ As the seeds will gelatinised after soaking in liquid, therefore it is great way to thicken up dish like soup and porridge. More ways on how to eat Chia Seeds.....Try it today for an additional nutritious boast to your diet! 


  1. Chia is gluten free
  2. It is super high in dietary fibre, making it great for digestion and healing digestion issues.
  3. It contains 20% Omega 3 ALA, making it a super food for the brain and heart. Chia has eight times more Omega 3 than salmon.
  4. It boasts 20% protein
  5. The protein is a complete protein with all 8 essential amino acids
  6. It is high in antioxidants (It has a four times higher ORAC value than blueberries)
  7. Chia contains five times more calcium than milk
  8. Chia contains seven times more vitamin C than oranges
  9. It contains three times more iron than spinach
  10. It contains twice the potassium content of bananas
  11. It is food for healthy skin, hair and nails
  12. It has a positive impact balancing blood glucose levels (making it awesome for diabetics)
  13. Chia makes a great egg replacement. Just combine with water to form a gel, and add it to recipes that call for egg.






Ingredient (2 servings)
  • 1 cup fresh milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla flavoured liquid stevia (or replace with 1-2 tbsp honey)
  • 1/4 cup organic chia seeds 
  • fresh berries for toppings

Method
  1. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, honey and vanilla. 
  2. Add in chia seeds and stir to combine.
  3. Transfer mixture into small ramekins and chill in fridge for at least 4 hours, stirring once halfway through.
  4. Serve chilled with berries.


This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Bake For Happy Kids, and My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by Tze of Awayofmind Bakery House

3 comments:

Alice said...

I love chia seeds but I never eat soaked one, I always love their crunch :) Should give this a try :)
We have the same brand of chia seeds, btw :)

Awayofmind Bakery House said...

hi Peng, first time for me to hear about chia seeds! The milk pudding looks healthy and good!

thanks for linking up with LTU!

Zoe said...

Hi Peng,

I have read about the wonderful benefits of chai seeds but still hesitate to use them because they have caffeine in them. I like to try them soon when my son and I are more tolerant to caffeine :P

Zoe

Related Posts with Thumbnails