Looks how beautiful the roast chicken turns out using the happy call pan?! For those who do not own a oven, you too able to roast a chicken by using this HCP! The meat actually taste more succulent than using the oven :) This has been my frequent dish on my dining table when I want some fast and easy meal ^.^
- 1 whole chicken (cut along the breasts bone to open up like a butterfly)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tbsp olive
- 8 brastagi potato
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Marinate chicken, prefarably overnight.
- Make slices along the length of the potatoes, do not slice all the way through. Leave at least a half an inch at the bottom to hold the rounds together. Add in seasoning and toss evenly to coat the potatoes.
- Heat up Happy Call Pan (HCP) and place in the chicken, chicken breast facing up. Arrange the potatoes around the chicken.
- Close the pan and cook over medium low heat for 15-20mins. Shift the pan twice at the last 10mins.
- Flip the pan (breast side will be down now). Open the pan slightly to check, it should look golden brown. Lock the pan and cook for another 15-20mins.
- Flip back the pan, open and check. It should be golden brown and crisp looking.
- To get desired color, flip HCP and cook for another 2-5 mins each time till desired color is achieved.
This is how the based is cooked after 15mins...closed lid and continue to cook the breast side till golden brown.
Roasted Mixed Herb Chicken served along with simple pan-fried Penne
Penne with cherry tomato & coriander
- 250gm penne
- 150gm cherry tomato
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 100gm onion, diced
- 2 sprig coriander, roughly chopped
- black pepper
- salt to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add in some salt. Toss in penne and cook according to package.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in pan. Saute onion & garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Add in cherry tomato and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add in drained cooked penne and mix evenly. Ladle in some pasta liquid if is too dry. Toss in chopped coriander and adjust taste accordingly.
- Dish up and serve.