Good morning to a nice cooling weather!! So tempting to laze in bed but couldn't as is a weekday! Here's the recipe on how to make use of the black bean soy pulp I've mentioned on my earlier post! I've over-seasoned the fried okara so that it won't taste too bland after mixing with the rice :) If lazy to shape it into rice ball, simply sprinkle the fried okara over the rice and serve!
Black Bean Okara 'Pork Floss'
- 240gm black bean okara
- 100gm walnut, chopped
- 10gm white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- In a dry pan, pan fry chopped walnuts until fragrant.
- Add in sesame seeds and fry till golden brown. Remove from heat.
- In the same pan, add in black bean okara and pan fry till okara is dry, takes about 10-15mins.
- Add in seasoning and mix evenly.
- Stir in toasted walnuts and sesame seeds.
- Cool down completely before storing.
For rice balls : Mix some black bean okara 'pork floss' and shredded ready-to-eat crispy seaweed with cooked Japanese rice, shaped into rice ball and serve immediately.