This is my first time hands on handmade Mee Hoon Kueh! To make it fun for eating I cut out the dough using my cute cookie cutters! Kids will sure enjoy this bowl of cutee homemade 面粉粿￼ ^o^
hehehe she has no strength to knead the dough, just for show only ^.^
portions of dough after resting for 1 hour
Recipe source : Nasi Lemak Lover
- 500gm plain flour
- 200ml water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix flour, egg and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly add in water and knead till dough is smooth, about 5mins.
- Divide dough into 6 portions, approx 125gm each, cling wrap and rest for at least 1 hour or more.
Ikan Bilis (Anchovy) Soup Base
- 100gm ikan bilis washed thoroughly
- 2L water
- salt to taste
- 200gm minced pork (marinate with 1 tsp sesame oil, 1/2 tsp wine, 1 tsp light soy sauce, pepper, cornflour)
- Baby Bok Choy or any leafy vegetables
- Fishcake (optional)
- Sesame oil
- White pepper
- Fried ikan bilis
- Fried shallots
- Tong Choy (preserved vegetables)
To cook one bowl per person :
- Pour appropriate amount of soup base into a saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Add in some minced pork, tong choy and fish cake.
- Tear the dough ball into small and thin pieces and drop it into the boiling soup. (alternatively : roll out each dough into thin sheet, cut out using cookie cutter)
- Cook for 1 min. Add in a egg and cook briefly. Add in some sesame oil & pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Serve with fried ikan bilis and fried shallots.