I always love the taste of chinese chives! Mee Siam with lots of chives, chives omelette....drool......really loves this simple and flavourful Nam which served along the succulent steamed chicken! ^o^
Recipe source : WendyinKK.blogspot.sg
- 1/2 large chicken
- 1 tbsp chinese wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 spring onion
- 100gm chinese chives
- 30gm ginger
- 1/3 cup oil
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Rub salt & wine all over chicken, inside out. Place spring onion in a steamed proof casserole and put in the chicken. Steam over preheated steamer for 35mins until cook through.
- Cool completely. Cut chicken into pieces and place onto a serving plate.
- Wash chives and shake off water. Spread out in a basket and air dry (or use a kitchen paper to dap dry). Slice the chives finely.
- Peel ginger and slice into 1 cm thick slices. Smash each ginger slice and finely chop.
- In a dry pan, fry the ginger until fragrant. Put ginger into a heatproof bowl. Put 2/3 of the sliced chives over the ginger.
- Using the same pan, heat oil until very hot. Put in the 1/3 chives and gently stir, immediately pour it into the ginger mixture. Let it sit for about 20 seconds then gently stir it.
- Add in sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Serve with steamed chicken.
I am submitting this to Malaysian Food Fest Pahang Month hosted by WendyinKK of Table for 2...or More