Does this looks like sushi to u?? :D While cooking the coconut rice, I just happen to have this idea of shaping the rice into sushi shape! This dessert is so addicting that I could not stop at one! So sinful >.<
Recipe adapted from Periplus 'Fabulous Cakes & Dessets'
Ingredient (2-3 servings)
- 100gm uncooked glutinous rice
- 150gm thin coconut milk (60gm coconut cream + 90gm water)
- 80gm thick coconut cream
- 50gm sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large mango, peeled & sliced into wedges
- extra coconut cream for serving
- Rinse the glutinous rice thoroughly and soak over night.
- In a small saucepan, combine rice with thin coconut milk, sugar & salt. Stir well and bring to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer over low heat stirring frequently, until the coconut mixture is absorbed and the rice is dry and sticky, about 10-15mins. (Note : Taste to see the rice is cooked after 10mins, if is still uncooked and too dry, add 1-2 tbsp water and cook for another 5mins, do not over cook as u want a chewy texture instead a lump of mushy mass)
- Cool slightly, scoop into serving bowl or mould into balls, top with sliced mangoes & coconut cream. Serve immediately.