This is baked 2 weeks ago! >o< Oooooo so flavourful & sinful cheesecake with the combination of durian puree & cream cheese!!
Recipe modified from 'Baking Code' by Alex Goh
- 200gm milk
- 120gm durian puree
- 60gm butter
- 250gm cream cheese
- 60gm plain flour
- 40gm corn flour
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 100gm sugar
- Simmer milk, durian puree & butter until butter is well dissolved. Strain mixture.
- Combine durian butter mixture with cream cheese and double-boiled till mixture is thick and smooth. Cool down slightly.
- Sift in flour into cream cheese mixture and beat in egg yolks until evenly blended.
- In a clean, dry bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar till foamy. Beat in sugar gradually till stiff peak formed. Fold in 1/3 meringue into step (3) evenly.
- Fold in batter into balanced meringue and mix evenly.
- Pour batter into a lined 8" pan (wrap based with foil to prevent water from sipping in) and water bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 1.5 - 2hrs (depends on the pan size used, smaller pan shorter baking time) or until set and golden brown.