Friday, March 23, 2012

糯米鸡

This looks awfully delicious right!? My dear son loves this so much!! But I only serve him 1portion as glutinous rice is hard to digest for their lil tummy. I actually got this recipe from a friend's fren :P I adjust slightly on the seasoning as I afraid it may be too salty :D



Ingredient (makes 6 servings)
  • 300gm Glutinous rice (soaked overnight)
  • 300gm chicken fillet, sliced thinly
  • 6 chinese mushroom, softened (I used my XO mushroom)
  • 1 Chinese sausage, sliced
For marinating chicken fillet :
  • 1 tbsp oyster sauce
  • 1 tbsp ginger juice
  • 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
  • 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 2 tsp chinese wine
  • 1 tsp corn flour
For the glutinous rice:
  • 1 tbsp oyster sauce
  • 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp fried shallot oil
  • 2 tbsp fried shallots
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp chinese wine
Method
  1. Seasoned the chicken fillet, mushroom & chinese sausage with the seasoning for at least 30mins.
  2. Drain the water for soaking glutinous rice. Add 1/4 cup water. Steamed over high heat for 20-25 mins till cook. Stir in seasoning for the rice and mix well.
  3. Prepare some disposable mould and placed some meat, sausage & mushroom. Cover with some rice and slightly press the rice to make it more compact.
  4. Covered with foil and steamed over high heat for 30mins.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks gd! Am thinking of making a batch n freeze them for quick dinners. Do u think I should steam them first then freeze or I should freeze them in their uncooked condition?

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Hi Peng, this is the dish that I normally ordered when having dim sim here.Nice try!

Peng said...

Anonymus...steamed then freeze

Puan Ros @ Sinaranmenu.blogspot said...

Hi, my husband love this very much.

Asther said...

HI, i just made this lo mai gai, but i find this recipe not salty enough and the pepper to to be reduced(family complaint i din put salt or soy sauce, sob sob), i double up the portion made 12 servings, i omit shallot oil and fried shallot as my kitcheen out of stock... overall the taste was great just need to be extra salty then the taste will be perfect!! Thanks for sharing such a good recipe.. shall give another attempt

Peng said...

Asther...tks for ur feedback, will also try again and adjust the seasoning, then i re-update again :D

Peng said...

Asther...i just refer back to the original recipe, I follow the seasoning for the rice, I only make adjustment on the seasoning of the meat : original
* 1 tbsp oyster sauce
* 1 tbsp ginger juice
* 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
* 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
* 1/2 tbsp sugar (i use 1 tsp)
* 1/2 tbsp pepper (i use 1 tsp, cos i find the amt too much!)
* 1/2 tbsp chinese wine (i use 2 tsp)
* 1/2 tbsp corn flour (i use 1 tsp)

Ivy aka Apple said...

Peng, this look so.... good. Got to give it a try soon.

Asther said...

Peng, thanks for taking your time to get me the original recipe. Here is the link for my lor mai kai pic which adapted from your recipe.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150748750397603&set=a.10150107444922603.311292.781517602&type=1&theater

Asther said...

FYI i also find the amt of pepper is too much, shall reduce in my next attempt.

Related Posts with Thumbnails