Counting down to CNY 2012!! 21 more days to go....have you decided what to bake for the coming festive season? Hop on to Aspiring Bakers #3 My Favorite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011) for inspirations! I have pick out 3 recipes as I've all the ingredients readily in my pantry :D
Almond Pandan CookiesAdapted from: My Kitchen Snippets
- 100gm unsalted butter
- 50gm sugar
- 100gm plain flour
- 25gm ground almond
- 40gm cornflour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp pandan paste
- Sift flour, corn flour and salt together. Add in the ground almond and mix well. Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar and pandan paste until soft and well-combined.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix till well-combined.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Roll the dough out to about ½-cm thick and cut into shapes using cookie cutters.
- Place the cookies in a lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 20 minutes until lightly brown on the edges.
- Cool completely on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from My Kitchen Snippets
Ingredients (approx. 110pcs cookies)
- 180gm unsalted butter
- 140gm icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 260gm flour
- 40gm cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp dried Osmanthus flower
- 1 egg – for egg wash
- Sieve flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt together. Set it aside. Get ready a sheet pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Beat sugar and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg yolk and continue to beat until combined. Add in the osmanthus flowers. Mix well.
- Lower down the speed of the mixer and slowly add in the flour mixture until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface that is lightly floured, roll out the dough to about ¼”, cut into desired shapes and transfer it to the baking sheet.
- Brush the top of the cookies with egg wash and bake in a pre-heated 160 deg cel for 15mins until the edges are lightly brown. Transfer to cooling rack and store in an airtight container when it is cool.
Recipe adapted from '孟老师的100道手工饼干'
Earl Grey Cookies
Earl Grey Cookies
- 3 Earl Grey Tea bags
- 2 tbsp warm milk
- 140gm unsalted butter
- 80gm sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 240gm cake flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Remove tea bags and steep the leaves in the milk for 30mins.
- Cream butter, sugar & salt until light & fluffy.
- Beat in tea leaves mixture.
- Sift in flour & baking soda and fold till combined.
- Wrap cookie dough with a clingwrap and chill for 30mins until firm.
- With a floured rolling pin, roll out dough and cut into shapes.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 15mins.