A more tedious steamed fatt koh I've make so far :D It does not split alot but the texture is very fluffy. After cooling down for over 4 hours, it is still very soft, not dense at all. The recipe stated to proof for 4-6 hours but I leave in the fridge overnight for the proofing as I need to go out at the last minute :P This morning I just mix in the mashed sweet potato and continue with the steaming...just nice for breakfast! :)
Recipe Adapted from Y3K
Ingredient (6 small cakes)
- 150gm rice flour
- 150ml water
- 80gm sugar
- 75ml water + additional 75ml water
- 2 blades pandan leaves, cut short
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 150gm steamed, mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Boil sugar, 75ml water & pandan leaves till sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Combine rice flour & water and mix into a thick paste.
- Scoop 20gm of the above mixture and combine with additional 75ml water. Cook on low heat and stirring at all times till a smooth dough is formed.
- Mix the smooth dough with the balance #2 and stir evenly.
- Stir in sugar syrup from #1.
- Stir in instant yeast and mix evenly (make sure the yeast are well dissolved). Cover and proof for 4-6hrs.
- Add in mashed sweet potatoes. Strain mixture and stir in baking powder.
- Pour batter into lined moulds and steam over preheated steamer on high for 15mins.