Finally back into my baking moods after 1 month break! Love this batch of ginger cookies! Most ginger cookies I come across uses ginger powder and others ground spices. This particular recipe uses fresh ginger instead and incorporated salty black olives which add some savoury taste to these cookies :)
What are these? Fresh ginger & pitted black olives! unique combination :)
Fresh Chewy Ginger Cookies
Recipe adapted from 色香味 Magazine
Ingredient (approx. 25 cookies)
- 60gm butter
- 60gm castor sugar
- 50gm molasses
- 10gm finely grated ginger
- 25gm beaten egg
- 50gm Quaker oats
- 20gm pitted olives
- 100gm plain flour
- 5gm baking soda
- Blanch olives in boiling water. Drain well and chop finely.
- Beat butter, sugar, molasses, oat, ginger & egg till combined.
- Sieve over flour & baking soda. Fold till evenly mixed.
- Fold in chopped olives. Chill cookie batter for 15mins.
- Roll into balls abt 15gm each. Place on baking sheet (space the cookie at least 3 cm apart as the cookie will spread out) and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15mins. Cool completely before storing.
I'm submitting this recipe to Aspiring Bakers #14: Creative Christmas Bakes (December 2011) hosted by HankeriIe
Fresh ginger? Now that cookie talking to me. It's calling me to eat it, hahahah!
I hate bakes with dried ginger, the taste is awkward.
Wendy...i've got some ginger powder yet to try, now that u mentioned that dunno want to it or not :P
Post a Comment