中秋节快乐! just experiment with ice-cream mooncakes and find it so tedious to make, not the cream filling part, is the chocolate outer layer. Then I have hard time knocking out the chilled mooncakes, so afraid it will break into pieces as I broken all my 4 mini ice-cream mooncakes as the outer layer is too thin >.<"
- 130ml soy milk, unsweetened
- 15gm green tea powder
- 2 egg yolks
- 80gm sugar
- 200gm non-dairy cream, whipped till firm
- 100gm cooked red beans
- 600gm dark cooking chocolate
- 1 chilled mooncake mould
- Warm up soy milk, dissolve green tea powder in it.
- Whisk yolks & sugar till creamy. Pour in milk mixture gradually and whisk till combine.
- Transfer mixture into a pot and double-boil the mixture till thickens, stirring frequently. (takes abt 10mins) Cool mixture.
- Fold in red beans and fold in whipped cream till combined. Chill in fridge for later use.
- Double-boil dark cooking chocolate till melted. Scoop into chilled mooncake mould till full. Set aside to cool slightly. Once chocolate has coated the sides of the mould, invert mould to drain excess chocolate leaving hollowed centre. Freeze mould for 5mins. Repeat steps for another 2 times to create thicken chocolate layer.
- Fill up 80% of the hollowed centre with green tea ice-cream. Knock out excess air. Drizzle some cooled melted chocolate on the top and knock out excess air. Freeze overnight.