Recipe modified from Kevin Chai
Ingredient (makes 3 mini chiffon)
- 2 egg yolks
- 30ml olive oil
- 70gm tofu, mashed
- 20gm caster sugar
- 40gm pistachio, toasted & grounded
- 50gm cake flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 30gm sugar
- Combine egg yolks, oil, tofu and 20gm sugar in a mixing bowl. Sift flour over and mix until forms batter.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until mixture forms soft peaks. Gradually add in sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold beaten egg white form into the egg yolk batter until blended.
- Pour batter into ungreased tube pan. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 30mins or until cooked.
- Remove from oven and invert the cake onto table until completely cool before unmoulding.
Submitting this recipe to Aspiring Bakers 2010