During days where I feel lazy to cook individual dishes, I will prepare this which I called 'one pot' porridge for lunch/dinner :P As said being lazy so I did not measure/write out the exact quantity for each ingredient needed....is it tasty or just simply feeling hungry?.. my boy asked for 2nd serving after finish his 1st bowl of porridge :)
- minced pork (marinate lightly with sesame oil, light soya sauce, pepper & cornflour)
- pumpkin (peeled & cubed)
- salt & pepper to taste
- extra sesame oil for serving
- Rinse rice & millet thoroughly. Place rice & stock into a pot. Bring to boil and cook for 10mins.
- Add pumpkin and cook for 5mins or until tender.
- Shape marinated minced meat into small round balls. Drop into porridge. Cook till meat balls are cooked through.
- Add salt & pepper to taste. Turn off heat.
- Drizzle some sesame oil before serving.