I loves admiring the rainbow swirl of these mooncakes. Each one shows different patterns , looks so pretty...**depends on the size of the mould you are using...each of my mooncake weighs 150gm, thus the snowskin used for each mooncake is 60gm and filling is 90gm.
- 90gm fried glutinous rice flour
- 10gm wheat starch
- 30gm shortening
- 40gm icing sugar
- 200 gm cold soda water
- little pandan, pink, lemon yellow colouring
- 600gm lotus paste
- 30gm melon seeds
- Sift the glutinous rice flour and wheat starch.
- Add in icing sugar and shortening and mix till thoroughly mixed.
- Pour in soda water and mix into a soft pliable dough.
- Divide dough into 4 portions. Add colouring to each portion, leaving one portion white.
- Place each dough between plastic sheets and roll into a rectangular flat piece of the same size. Stack the dough on top of one another, then roll into a swiss roll.
- Cut into 6 equal pieces. Divide the lotus paste fillings into 6 portions.**
- Roll the spiral part into a flat piece and wrap with lotus paste filling. Press into a mooncake mould then knock out.
- Chill before serving.