We all love portobello mushroom cos of its thick fleshy juicy texture! I usually bake the mushroom with stuffings like minced meat and cheese. This is the first time I tried using canned tuna flakes as stuffings and it works equally well! Chopped celery and capsicum are added into the tuna flakes to give extra bites and textures. Simple and nutritious baked portobello mushroom which can be served as a quick snack or as a side dish!
- 6 large Portobello mushroom
- 2 cans tuna in olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow capsicum
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- salt & black pepper to taste
- mozzarella cheese
- Remove stems and gills of the portobello mushroom. Place the mushroom on a large baking paper.
- Combine tuna, celery and yellow capsicum together. Stir in mayonnaise and seasoning.
- Scoop tuna mixture onto mushroom caps. Top with halved tomatoes. Seal the baking paper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 10mins.
- Remove pan from oven. Open baking paper and sprinkle some cheese over the mushroom. Return the pan into oven and grill for 8 mins till cheese is lightly brown. Serve warm.