To clear off the balanced Braised Lamb Leg in Red Wine from the last Christmas, I've made this lamb shepherd's pie for the kid's lunch. The kids were so delighted to see this awesome pie serve at the dining table!. I've frozen a portion of the braised lamb gravy, so its really easy to get this shepherd's pie ready in no time. Just add some chopped garlic, onion, celery and carrots into the shredded braised lamb and gravy and simmer till the vegetable are tender. Top with cheesy mashed potatoes and bake till golden brown....a delicious awesome pie is ready for lunch! A great way to use up the leftovers braised lamb meat and gravy!
- 800gm russet potatoes, peeled and cut
- 50gm butter
- 30gm parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 500gm braised lamb meat, shredded
- 2 cups braised lamb gravy
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes in a pot of boiling water till fork tender. Drain away water. Add in butter and parmesan cheese and mash till smooth. Set aside.
- Heat tbsp of olive oil in pan, add in garlic, onion, celery and carrots. Saute till fragrant and soften.
- Add in shredded lamb meat and gravy. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 mins. Season to taste if desire. Remove from heat.
- In a deep casserole, ladle in lamb mixture. Spread mashed potatoes over and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 20 mins till top is golden brown.