Coconut and pandan are best friends forever, don't you agreed!? ^0^ I only bake a small batch of this cookie so it barely filled up a small container. Of all the cookies I've baked during this Lunar New Year, this desiccated coconut pandan cookies seems to attract my younger girl the most! I like the flavour of this cookie too but the texture is not the crunchy version, is more on the softer side maybe due to the desiccated coconut added. Overall is a nice cookie to munch on.
- 120gm unsalted butter
- 100gm icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100ml premium coconut milk (Ayam brand)
- 1/2 tsp pandan paste
- 100gm plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 80gm desiccated coconut
- chocolate rice for sprinkle
- Cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Beat in coconut milk and pandan paste until well combined.
- Sift in flour and salt and mix in together with the desiccated coconut until well incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Use a small star nozzle. Pipe the dough onto lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg for 12 mins until edge is lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheet for 10 mins before transferring onto wire rack to cool down completely before storing.