Happy lunch today!! This is one of the easiest lunch I've prepared. ^0^ Just prepared a simple stock base, sliced up some of the ingredients followed by arranging them into a portable hot pot. When ready to serve, pour in the stock and bring to boil. Super fast and of course super nice to eat too! Me and my kids enjoyed this hot stew except my the other half whom thought this dish looks rather messy and tasted so-so only. Oops...think I can only make this again when his not having meals at home in the future. hahahaha.....
Recipe ref : www.maangchi.com
- 1/4 cup dried anchovies, rinsed
- 1 piece dried kelp
- 10 cups water
- 1 tsp anchovies stock powder
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp hot pepper paste
- 1 tbsp soy bean paste
- 1 tbsp hot chili flakes
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
For stew :
- sweet potato starch noodles, pre-soaked in water till softened
- napa cabbage, cut into chunks
- enoki mushroom
- 1 large scallion, sliced
- fermented kimchi
- sausages, sliced
- spam, sliced
- tofu, sliced
- baked beans
- 1 package instant ramen
- Korean rice cakes
- Combine water, anchovies and kelp in a stock pot. Cover and bring to boil. Simmer for 25 mins over medium high heat. Stir in stock powder. Discard kelp and anchovies.
- Combine seasoning paste ingredients and mix well.
- Arrange the stew ingredients in a hot pot. Line the base of the pot with napa cabbage. Arrange the scallion, kimchi, sausage, spam, tofu, mushroom, baked beans and rice cakes on top of the cabbage.
- Place softened potato starch noodle and instant ramen in the middle. Top with the seasoning paste.
- Add in the stock and bring to boil.
- Gently stir all ingredients to cook evenly. Serve once the noodles have softened.
That looks good to me! That amount is enough to feed an army :D
Post a Comment