Finally my son get to enjoy his long-waited durian ice-cream as this homemade durian yogurt ice-cream took more than 2 days to fully set in freezer! Maybe of its extra creamy texture, the ice-cream did not seem to set fast like other flavours I've attempted before. In the end I've to turn on my freezer to the highest freezing point and it managed to set properly.
Fresh MSW (猫山王) durian pulp
Ingredients for making the ice-cream (sugar not in pic)
Blending the pulp and sugar till smooth...woah the smell is really intoxicating! hahaha
Mix in the durian puree with plain yogurt
Whip cream till soft peak and fold into durian mixture
Transfer into a container and freeze!
- 300gm durian pulp
- 50gm fine sugar
- 150gm natural yogurt
- 200ml dairy whipping cream
- Combine fresh durian pulp and sugar in a food processor. Blend till smooth.
- Combine the durian puree and yogurt, mix well.
- Place whipping cream in a clean bowl. Using a electric whisk, beat till soft peak formed.
- Fold the whipped cream into durian yogurt mixture.
- Scrape the mixture into a container and freeze for about 2-3 hours. Use a fork and whisk the mixture to break up any ice crystal. Repeat this process for another 2 times before freezing till firm.
Recipe modified from Kitchen's Corner