Oink oink! Here comes the little piggies ^0^
Plain dough for the face, tinted dough for ears and mouth.
Actually is not that complicated to make, just involve a few tedious steps. As the dough is rather soft, it requires chilling to firm up the dough before any shaping/moulding.
- 70gm unsalted butter
- 50gm icing sugar
- 25gm beaten egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 140gm cake flour
- 10gm milk powder
- 1 tsp red yeast powder
- Cream butter and sugar until light and pale.
- Beat in egg and vanilla till well combined.
- Sift in baking powder, cake flour and milk powder and mix till a smooth dough is formed.
- Divide dough in 200gm and 100gm. Cling wrap the plain 200gm dough and chill in fridge.
- Add 1 tsp red yeast powder into the 100gm dough and mix well. Sub-divide the dough into 60gm, 20gm x 2. Roll into 15cm rope. Shape the 20gm x 2 rope into triangle shape, this is the ear. Fig. 1 Cling wrap and chill them in fridge till hard.
- Roll out the plain dough into 15cm x 10cm rectangle. Fig.2
- Place the 60gm coloured dough over the rectangle dough and roll up. Fig. 3 & 4
- Press down the 2 triangle rope over the top of the rolled dough. Fig. 5 Cling wrap and freeze the log in freezer for 1 hour until hard.
- Slice the cookie log into 0.5mm slices. Fig. 6 Place the cut cookies on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15-20 mins until lightly brown at the edge.
- Cool completely on wire rack before storing. (use edible food marker to draw the eyes and nose)